I feel like I have a fat lip and have pins and needles in my hands. My speech is slurred and I can’t say what I want to say. My head feels like it’s going to explode due to the tension and I am seeing two and a half of my one cat. No, I’ve not been on the vino. The MIGRAINE is on it’s way and I just want to lie in a dark room. Nothing can stop it.
After taking to Twitter weeks ago, it seems many of you also suffer with migraines and headaches. I visited the doctors and have been given some much needed advice, which I thought I would share with you. Apparently mine are triggered by tension in the neck. I know for one all this social media, constantly staring at computer screens all day really doesn’t help, but there are a few things which can….
1. If you are meant to wear glasses for any computer work. Wear them. Out in bright sunlight reach for the Rayban’s.
2. Eliminate any tension in your neck. You could go for a neck and shoulder massage. Also try Yoga for the neck and shoulders. Head on over to Youtube for many beginners exercises.
3. Keep a food diary and note down the time the migraine hits. You may see a pattern of when you have eaten a certain food. Eliminate this from your diet to see if this helps to prevent it.
4. Drink 2 litres of water a day. Stay hydrated.
5. Avoid caffeine. Drink alot of tea? Switch to de-caff.
6. Try Cool N Soothe Migraine Cooling Strips. Slap one on your forehead if you feel tension in your head, to try to keep the migraine at bay. It will soothe any tension you may have.
7. Stop taking Ibuprofen/Paracetamol for at least 2-3 months as taking them regularly for headaches, can make the migraine worse.
8. If you can, lie down and close your eyes in a dark, quiet room.
9. Take Vitamin B12, to prevent the frequency and severity of the migraines
10. Using a computer screen regularly? Make sure the monitor is high enough, so you are not looking downwards, to avoid putting any unnecessary stress on the neck.
I hope this helps someone, if anyone has any of their own tips please leave a comment below.
Just remember stressed is desserts spelt backwards!
***Disclaimer: I am not confirming these tips will help everyone and am no doctor, but they seem to help me***