Being on this planet in excess of 30 years makes me think I have a few things to say. Wise old owl? Not so sure about this. Life Guru? Certainly not. Know a few things about life? Of course. Learning as I have gone along leaves me with a wealth (at least I would like to think) of knowledge. If I was still in my late teens/early twenties, these are the things I would tell myself. Just maybe they can help you too.
1. Don’t change for anyone. Be you. And only you. Do not compare yourself to others. Try to be the very best version of yourself.
2. Work hard and you will be rewarded. Whether it’s at school. uni or your job, hard work will pay off.
3. Work to live. Do not live to work.
4. Spend as much time as possible with friends and family. And stick with loyal friends. Genuine friendship should not be an effort.
5. Leaving makeup on overnight is really bad for your skin. Have a regular skin routine and stick to products that work for you. And always go to bed with clean skin.
6. Travel as much as possible. Explore the world and even your home town.
7. Live for RIGHT now. Not yesterday, not tomorrow, not next year. Live for this moment. Just be.
8. Don’t regret anything that has happened in your life. It can’t be changed or undone. Learn from it and make it the person you are today.
9. Be kind. Smile.
10. Take lots of baby steps to get to where you want to be. Slowly but surely. Whether it be a fitness plan or saving for that first house.
11. Health is everything. Do not take it for granted.
12. Relationships are extremely hard work. Communicate with those who are important to you regularly.
If you have any tips which you think are invaluable, please drop them below.