When e.l.f. released their new skincare line, I must have been first in line at the till. Already hooked by their purse friendly makeup and makeup storage, I knew they would draw me in hook, line and sinker with their freshly packaged, cheap skincare additions. So, just how great is the range? Let’s start with:
1. Soothing Serum: This lightweight, freshly scented serum is packed with jojoba, aloe, Shea butter, grape and Vitamin E. I have been using this in the morning before moisturiser, it leaves skin soft and smooth and ideally prepped before applying any base products. Skin feels slightly tacky after using this, but I find base products blend beautifully over the top and seem to ‘stick’ well, increasing longevity of wear.
2. Pore Refining Brush and Mask Tool: The perfect multi-tasker item to apply masks, cleansers and scrubs. The silicone spatula provides mess-free application and the brush helps to remove dirt from pores. An innovative face mask tool for any skincare addict.
3. Daily Hydration Moisturizer: Lightweight (almost serum-like) with literally no scent, this moisturizer helps to hydrate and nourish skin without the feeling of having something heavy on the skin. With Jojoba, Aloe, Vitamin E and cucumber, it soothes skin and it left my skin happy with any dry spots reduced.
4. Hydrating Gel Melt Cleanser: You know me, I just love a ‘melting cleanser’ to get rid of any grime/dirt and general crap from my skin at the end of the day. Already impressed with the range generally, I had high hopes for this ‘melter’. The formula transforms from a gel to a milky cleanser, however I found that it was ineffective and didn’t really dissolve heavy makeup well. Others I have tried have literally removed everything quickly and effectively with minimal effort. This just didn’t work for me.
5. Daily Face Cleanser: Both Tony and I love this cleanser, so much so it has been all we have used in the shower over the past couple of weeks. Creamy and slightly on the silky side, it lathers beautifully to leave skin feeling squeaky clean. Gentle, it is suitable for the most sensitive of skin. It removes everything quickly, however it did leave skin feeling a little on the dry side (it claims to hydrate, due to the purified water included), although nothing that the serum and moisturizer couldn’t fix.
I am a great believer in looking after your skin. I try tonnes of skincare products, high end and affordable and I must say, I am pretty impressed with e.l.f.’s range as a whole. The majority of products I really liked, the fresh packaging appears weighty and much more expensive than the range actually is. Apart from the gel cleanser all products suited my dry skin. All products are also formulated with no parabens and no sulfates. If you are looking for inexpensive skincare, which works, I highly recommend giving e.l.f. a shot.