1. Place the heat-resistant glove onto the hand which will be holding the hair.
2. Take a strand of hair and place the base of iron near to the scalp with its tip facing downwards.
3. Begin winding the hair around the rod.
4. Hold for between 2-5 seconds.
5. Release the hair, letting the curl slide out from around the iron.
6. Repeat for desired effect.
To achieve the above ‘tousled’ (undone) look, I literally ran the wand through my hair for a couple of minutes. The waves lasted all day. For me this is the absolute perfect tool to achieve that messy ‘bedhead’ look. I’m quite sure if you spent much more time on your hair, you could also achieve a much more put together style.