If like me, you’re not the best flyer, then this is the post to read. I hate flying, you can read all about this right here. If you’re looking for ways to improve that flight and to make the best of the time on board, read on…
1. If you’re a nervous flyer, pick a character to observe on the plane, who makes you smile. Not in a malicious way, but something or rather someone to take your mind off the flight. In this case I spotted an incredibly well-turned out flight attendant. Bronzed with immaculate makeup, that is until she turned around. She may have been a bronzed goddess from the front, from the rear her neck and the backs of her ears were milky white. It just made me smile every time she passed by with her nuts and perfume.
2. Pick up a healthy snack from the airport. Superdrug now stock small Graze boxes. Perfect to snack on, during the flight. I highly recommend their protein pack of Chili and Lime nuts. Delicious and nutritious. Nuts and 1 litre of Evian sorted me..
3. Wear comfortable clothing. It’s not a fashion show. Planes can be cold. And rather hot. Wear layers you can remove easily to cool down. Take a scarf or jacket to wear if you’re cold. It will also double up as a pillow.
4. Download a book to read/podcast to listen to. As a keen blogger, I downloaded ‘A Girl, Obsessed’s’ ebook, a jam packed guide to running a successful blog. I packed a pen and notebook and wrote a tonne of notes. It really inspired me and gave me a tonne of new things to work on now I’m home. The 4 1/2 hours flew by. I feel like I achieved something on that flight and arrived on Spanish soil inspired. Don’t forget to pack your headphones if you plan on listening to music or that podcast.
5. Don’t miss out on Tax Free shopping. If you want to buy that ‘must have’ makeup item from the Duty Free trolley. The one minus the tax and with 20% off, buy as they come by. Don’t dilly-dally and then decide, ‘oh, I must have that to add to my collection, it’s a complete steal’. I missed out on Smashbox’s Contour Kit. It was just £16 (I checked today and it’s £35 in Boots – sob). Far too indecisive. I find browsing the plane catalogue and buying something, also takes my mind off the flight for a while. A great excuse to shop!
If you have any tips of your own which really work, when you travel, please share below. I know many people struggle with flying so this would be gratefully appreciated.
P.S. If you do want to know, the lipstick I’m wearing in this photo is MAC’s Chatterbox.
Photography: Maisie Smart
The Replica Chanel Boy Bag: Is It OK To Buy Imitation Luxury...